Interested in Presenting at The Teaching & Learning Conference?
Presenting at The Blackboard Teaching & Learning Conference 2019 is a chance for you to have a voice amongst your peers. Whether you’re experienced or brand new to presenting, joining us from the U.K, Europe or the Middle East, planning to share challenges from the past or opportunities for the future, we want to hear what you have to say.
This year, we are looking for presentations that fit within five these core challenges:
- Accessibility and Inclusivity: Creating inclusive learning experiences for all students is key to improving the student experience by helping them take clear control of course content with usability, accessibility and quality in mind.
- Educational Integrity: Institutions are striving to maintain high academic standards, rigor, and brand reputation as well as promoting academic honour. As online programs, multi-institution students and credentialing become common, institutions must focus more energy on accreditation and brand reputation.
- Educator Empowerment: As online program and larger class sizes proliferate, institutions struggle to maintain quality and consistency of their instruction Enabling consistency, quality, and creativity in instruction is key.
- Student Retention: Understanding and satisfying student needs – As non-traditional students, competition and performance-based funding grow, institutions must better understand and satisfy student needs.
- Student Success: As performance-based funding, competition and student expectations increase, institutions need to show their value by defining and measuring the academic and career outcomes they provide to students.
We invite presentations from users of all our Teaching & Learning solutions, including Learn, Collaborate and OpenLMS, to submit abstracts and attend the event. We hope to bring together pedagogically great ideas behind teaching and learning technologies where the European community can learn from the ways other institutions have implemented their strategies, whichever the platform.
Guidelines for Presentations
- The content of submissions should relate to the use of any of Blackboard’s Teaching & Learning technologies to solve challenges on and off campus.
- Share your recent innovations from across our full suite of solutions, what’s coming next and how they support your institutions visions and strategies into the future.
- Sessions will usually be 45 minutes in length and can be given by one or more speakers/institutions on a topic of interest or case study with time for questions and answers.
- We will also consider panel sessions of 10 minutes plus 5 minutes Q&A, subject to demand.
- All presentations must be 16:9 format.
- Multiple submission entries may be made for different presentations.
- All prospective presenters must register their details in order to be considered.
- Successful candidates will be notified via their registered email before Friday 22nd February 2019.
- Deadline for submission is Thursday 31 January 2019 17:00 (GMT)